the Mali Citizen Hearing
The Mali Citizen Hearing was held on Monday 4th May at the Centre International de Conférence de Bamako
1. Distribute free impregnated mosquito nets and raise awareness around their use during the Antenatal Care/ ANC2 and after delivery.
2. Make Antenatal Care delivery and Post natal care services free of charge to the beneficiaries (with third-party payer)
3. Ensure continuous training and recruitment of qualified health personnel (midwives, paediatricians, etc.)
4. Increase the number of awareness raising activities in order to change mentality and behaviours and promote essential practices (kangaroo mother care, exclusive breastfeeding, etc.), fight against malnutrition, family planning, skilled birth attendance in the community health centres (Community Health Centers)
5. Facilitate the creation of revenue generating activities.
6. Inform communities and raise awareness around the benefits of health insurance
7. Create a high-level national council that fights against maternal, newborn and child mortality to mobilise the government.
Citizens' Hearing Follow up:
World Vision Mali arranged a follow up meeting to discuss the Citizens' Hearing recommendations with the Minister of Health, and the World Health Assembly Mali National Delegation that attended the Global Citizen Dialogue, including Dr Binta Keita, National Health Director of Mali. At the meeting technical staff looked through the recommendations one by one - World Vision will continue to follow up about these recommendations.